Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It Happened...



I woke up this morning around 6:15 and was beside myself to see clear skies. I tried to keep my excitement to myself, but by 7:15 I was ready to share. Madison was stirring and that was all I needed to burst in and get her up. Plus I knew she was my key to waking Jason with a smile. We were on the beach by 8:00 a.m. and the only souls. It was fifty-something degrees, but we pretended it was eighty. We donned our swimsuits, carried the beach towels, sand toys, and my book down to the beach. My suit never saw the sun and I wrapped my towel around me and Madison. It started to slightly warm up so Jason took Madison down to the water and my vacation dream became a reality.....


Madison's and her daddy's prints in the sand down to the water. Thought this was too sweet.



I am reading "The Help." It's our book club pick this month. It's just out and not yet in paperback. I was REALLY hesitant to pay full price for a hardcover book. However, it's been the best twenty-five dollars I've spent in a while. This is one of those books that I cannot get enough of.. I wake up reaching for it and go to sleep thinking about it. It's well.. delicious. I am only 200 pages in (it's around 450 pages) and I dare say it may be the best book I've ever read. So if you are in search of a summer read...
We ended the day with rain. I really don't get how we could go from enjoying this weather in the morning to pouring rain by the evening. Oh well.. tomorrow is another day!

post signature