Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


This was my second Mother's Day and I feel even more blessed. We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday night we took Madison to the Children's Museum in Winston Salem. In my opinion she is still too young for the museum, but it was Dell family night and we needed to attend. It's amazing how quickly a group of kids can destroy a room. They actually have workers there who have applied and accepted a job cleaning up the rooms continuously. As the workers were putting things back over and over in the "grocery store" I turned to Jason and said that has got to be the worst job in the world. He just laughed and I soon realized that is what I do, but I don't get paid! :)

This is the baby room... she did enjoy the Legos.

Her most favorite thing to do at home is to push her lion around so it was no surprise that she could not get enough of the shopping carts.





After the children's museum we met a babysitter back at our house. We are part of a supper club that meets once a month. As usual we had a great time.




This morning I woke up and started my normal morning routine. I went downstairs to let he dogs out and this was waiting for me on the kitchen table. I have been wanting to do this since Madison was born, but just kept forgetting. I thought this was such a sweet thoughtful gift! (It's a picture frame on one side and you do a footprint or hand print impression on the other). We went ahead and did the impressions tonight. I was afraid that if I didn't get it done tonight, I would forget, and she would get to big for it!



Today was BEAUTIFUL! We spent a large part of it in the backyard.



We don't use our patio furniture enough. I decided starting tonight that we are going to eat outside as long as it's nice out. It's a little extra effort, but totally worth it in the long run.



Here are the girls trying to obey. We have a gate to lock them off the deck. Jason is determined to train them to just stay off of it. This was about as far back as they could manage. (It's hard to get mad at Abbey, the beagle. She can do a mean Puss-n-Boots impression.. Can't you just hear the sad background music playing?)


post signature