Saturday, May 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Maybe I've played Mckmama's "Not Me!" Monday... maybe not. We are at the beach and having a great, relaxing time.. so there certainly would not be anything for me to confess...
There is NO WAY we could have gotten here any sooner. I knew that so I did not stay up really late the night before we left packing and planning our schedule for the next day. There is no way I drug myself out of bed at 6 a.m. the next morning and woke my husband up so we could get on the road as early as possible. I knew all along that we could and would take our sweet time getting to the beach with my one year old, Madison.

I didn't have to quickly feed Madison breakfast while Jason loaded the car to keep my planned time table. I would never turn a blind eye to Charli licking peanut butter off of Madison's hands because it would entertain her for a second longer or would be that much less for me to clean off.

I didn't snap an order at my husband to harness the dogs and get on the road to the kennel at 7:10.. that would be silly.. I mean the kennel doesn't even open until 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays. Any ONE that has taken their dogs to the same kennel for four years would know that... Which I'm sure my sister would have brought to light if that had happened and I called her to vent. Thankfully, I didn't have rip her a new one when she pointed out the obvious.. because I did not do that.. not me.

Jason did not drive the dogs 20 minutes (at the crack of dawn), drag them to the front door of Lucky's Pet Resort (they would much rather stay home), only to realize he was the only human there. He was certainly not blowing smoke on the ride home with two spastic, car ridin' hatin', confused, dogs in the back. No way would I have told him I was absolutly positive that they opened the same time on Saturdays as they do on the weekdays at 7:30 a.m. I've got a schedule to keep and I would have verified that.

So obviously we didn't sit around for 2 extra hours Saturday morning with the car loaded just hanging out waiting for the kennel to open.. no way.. NOT ME!

See... we made it in plenty of time for day light. Here are a few shots from the day we arrived.



We are off to the aquarium today...(contrary to my blog it is Monday!) It's cold and rainy here. Who would have thought for mid-May?? NOT ME!



post signature