Friday, May 15, 2009

Show Us Where You LIve Friday - Dining Room

My dining room is one of those rooms that is on the back burner. I have curtains that I love and chairs that I love.. but the rest we'll get in time...

This is what you see when you walk in the front door...

To the right is the dining room...



I'm not thrilled with this view. It shows how badly I need a sideboard... :)




The table belonged to my parents. They live on the lake and there the fish make perfect sense.. where I live, not so much. But hey, it holds a lot of people. I believe we have gotten ten around it comfortably. My parents upgraded to a beautiful antique and I was happy to "borrow" this until we are ready to buy.


I fell in love with these curtains when I saw them. They coordinate with my kitchen and living room curtains, but give a different more formal look for the dining room.


I was so excited when I found these prints at Steinmart. They came framed and were perfect for this room.



We bought the chairs probably two years ago. I knew when I saw them they were "the ones"...




We got the rug in a silent action at a JDRF Gala in Winston Salem.



One last view from the kitchen...



Kelly's Korner is hosting the tour!


post signature