Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Madison's Nursery

It's Friday and that means it's time for the "Show Us Where You Live" tour at Kelly's Korner. This Friday is nurseries/children's rooms. Here is Madison's nursery.



As I mentioned in my guest room tour my spare rooms are tiny. They are 10x10 so I had to make use of every inch in this room. As you will see there is no wasted space.
I first found the bedding and then chose a spring green for the wall paint. On the inside of her bumper the colors are softer shades of pink and green while the outside of the bumper, quilt, bed skirt, and pillows are brighter shades. I flip between the spring green sheet and a pink sheet.





I went with a simple white silk for her curtains and took them up to the ceiling to try and make the room look bigger.

Since her room is so tiny I liked the idea of having baskets instead of heavy drawers for her changing table supplies. I hate the cord running down the wall, but we have a video monitor so it has to go there. I LOVE being able to see her without going in the room so it's worth it.



She was "organizing" while I was trying to take photos. I turned around and she had all of the wipes out of the wipe warmer and diapers out of the basket!



Along with tiny rooms come tiny closets... and hers is no exception. Jason took the door off the hinges and went to work. He built shelves and installed lighting. The lights were perfect as a night light for my middle of the night feedings.




I love these two items on her shelves. The collage is from her 3 month portraits and the plate was a gift from my sister-n-law.

Her dresser with another favorite item ....
her lamp!

I could not find any art that I liked to match her nursery so I got a little crafty! The giraffes are greeting cards I found at Target. The pink circles and green trim are fuzzy and raised and match perfectly with her bumper. I glued them to polka dot scrapbook paper and put them in these frames with large mats. I think they turned out pretty cute hung next to each other.



Here is the rocking chair where I do her monthly pictures. I made the table cloths on her side table. I first bought the white silk to match the curtains and soon realized it needed a little something extra so I bought the pink fabric and made the square.

Madison managed to somehow squeeze into this corner where I made room for her Diaper Genie. Gotta have that!
I've gotten several questions about her room... I got the lamp, glider, bedding, and curtains in Atlanta at "The Mart." The vendor for the lamp is "Lampware." The vendor for the bedding is "Kristaben".. and they have a website http://www.kristaben.com/ . If you can't get in to the Mart you may be able to find it by these vendors through a retailer. Hope this helps!!


Paint color - The color is gleeful. I got it off a strip at Lowes. However, I had them mix it with Valspar (american tradition) paint so I am not sure which brand of paint it is. Here is a picture of the label. I hope this helps!





post signature