Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why baby sign language is so useful...



When Madison woke up from her nap today she was standing in her crib signing "hat." Well I thought for sure she was confused. So I went through a list of items I thought she probably meant to say like milk, eat, or drink... all of which she shook her head "no" to. So I went to her dresser and pulled out this hat. She lit up and as I was putting it on her head she leaned in and grabbed a pacifier. Now Madison has NEVER taken a pacifier. She gagged on them as a newborn and flat out refused them when I tried later. I bought every type of pacifier there was on the market so they are all stuffed in that same drawer. So here she is after her nap chewing on a pacifier, holding her lovey, sitting next to "Bear," and wearing her hat completely content. This was her first sign ever back in February and I don't think I've seen it since this post. I am so thankful she can tell me when she needs a hat.. HEE HEE!
By the way.. this is also a sneak peak at Fashion Friday. I always confuse my husband. He thinks that she is supposed to be wearing the Fashion Friday outfit on Friday. The past couple of weeks this has not happened. He'll check my blog at work and when he gets home he'll say "this isn't her Fashion Friday outfit." So here we are again...
post signature