Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fifteen Months Old


Today Madison is fifteen months old. This past month she turned over a new leaf!! She will now eat almost anything. I thought for sure I was going to have the pickiest eater and since I eat ANYTHING I wasn't quite sure how I was going to deal with that. It's so nice to know that I can cook pretty much anything and she'll give it a try. I don't know why this was the magical month, but I don't really care either. I'm just so thankful!

If clothing size is any indication the dress she is wearing is a 6-12 month. She is about 23 pounds according to my scale. I'll know for sure tomorrow when she has her 15 month check up. She has eight teeth, but she's trying very hard to cut two more.

Madison's hair has gotten so much longer. Even though it doesn't stick up like the old days.... (picture from Easter)


...it's still a little out of control, but adorable! This picture is from Friday when I was trying to do a Fashion Friday shoot. Some days it just isn't going to happen! This is pretty much how it went so I cancelled the session!
Her super cute bows now serve an actual purpose. They help keep her hair out of her eyes. She definitely found her bow this month. If I give her something to play with while I'm putting it in she will usually leave it alone. However, she ALWAYS finds it while riding in the car... I guess out of boredom. I know she's got it when she starts squealing in the back. I'll take a quick look and she'll be waving it around with great pride right before she chunks it somewhere. It always takes me a little while to find it when we get to our destination.

Speaking of squealing... she loves to scream at the top of her lungs for pure entertainment in public. I've been told the best thing to do is just ignore it. If you pay attention to it she'll just keep doing it. I think that advice makes sense, however, I feel like other people think I'm not addressing bad behavior and that is hard.
Caught in a squealing moment...
Madison is starting to form more words. In the past she had no interest in trying to say a word. Now she will attempt simple words. I love it!

She only gets one bottle a day. That's the first thing she asks for in the morning. I tried to drop it the other day, but she melted when I handed her a lovingly prepared sippy cup of cold milk. I decided we would try again later.

We retired her first pair of shoes... That was really sad for me. I placed them on her bedroom shelf. That might be one of those things I'll keep for a memento. Her new shoes are too big and crack me up, but they are so cute and I'm sure they'll fit perfectly before I know it!

This month has been full of bumps and bruises. As of yesterday she got her first scraped knee. You can kinda see it in this picture. This monkey has moved to the number one spot. My nephew gave it to her when I was pregnant. He said "this is for the baby in your belly.." I thought that was the sweetest thing!


When I put her in nursery care (gym or church) she heads straight for the little kitchens. When I went to pick her up this morning one of the caretakers pointed over to her and said "she's making us breakfast." Once she spotted us she squealed and waved with excitement while walking causing quite a ruckus!!
Oh how I love this girl...I could just EAT HER UP!



post signature