Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Water Works

Madison was all about water yesterday. We tend to keep her pool on the back deck. She pitches a fit to go out and play in it. So I put on her little swimmers and let her out on the deck. Then I proceeded to walk back and forth carrying large heavy pots full of water from the kitchen sink. I did this for two reasons:

One I was too lazy to pull the water hose out from under the house and hook it up... and two I almost died last time I was trying to put the hose away. I'll elaborate on number two. Several weeks ago while Madison happily splashed in her pool I decided to get a jump on things and put the hose away while she was content. I walked over to disconnect the hose from the still running faucet on the side of the house. We have an electrical wire that runs around our fence line to keep the dogs from jumping on the fence or digging. (And it works!) The wire starts to get higher by the side of the house as it's nearing the power source. If you happen to be about five foot nine and are bent over turning off a spraying faucet, the wire will hit you right about cheek level. I learned this the hard way. The wire only sends out pulses and not a continuous stream of electrical shock. Thank goodness because I really think I would have died otherwise. I have felt the shock before, but this time was different. I think it may have had to do with the fact that I had my hand in water!!??? Anyway... I learned my lesson and I'm sure the dogs got a kick out of it too.

Back to yesterday:
After all my hard work I grabbed Madison and put her in the pool. I turned around to park myself on a chair and noticed a cloud appearing in the water. UUUGGGGHHH! She pooped and it was leaking out everywhere. So I had to change her (while she pitched a fit), pour out the water, and start all over! (I might add that this process proved I'm not lazy.)

Finally... success...




Madison spent 99% of our time outside playing right here. Seriously?


After all her playing and sunscreen wearing... she needed a bath. I now keep bath supplies below the kitchen sink for occasions like this. She can play in the sink and I can clean the kitchen. It's a win win...





Madison learned to work the faucet. Notice how the water is reaching the top of the sink?? Here she is turning it on...


So pleased with herself...



OFF!!


ON.....

OFF!!

I used the opportunity to try and teach her "on" and "off".