Monday, August 10, 2009

I've picked up a new hobby - cloth diapering...



When I was pregnant with Madison a friend of mine suggested I use cloth diapers... "NO WAY!.. Gross! That's so old fashion" is what I was thinking. However, I started seeing articles on-line, in magazines, and on TV about various reasons to switch. I began to slowly come around to the idea. My friend, Katie, came over for a play date with her son several weeks ago. He wears cloth diapers and I watched her change him in pure amazement.... "That's it??? That's all there is to it?!" I just had it in my head that it was this huge ordeal...

So I researched everything I could on the Internet, interrogated my cloth diapering friend, and bought a smorgasbord of cloth diapers to try out. Of course I discussed it with Jason who surprised me by being completely open to the idea. Madison spent the weekend in cloth and we're sold.

I am calling this my new hobby because it does require quite a bit more effort on my part. However, in the end I think it will be worth it. AND as an added bonus they are so stinkin' cute!!! I planned to stick to gender neutral colors so they could be used on any future babies we may have, but....





I couldn't resist a pink one!


post signature