Monday, August 3, 2009

Tumblebees

Hey Madison.... Guess where we are going today?

Tumblebees! (Oh and yes, that is a toothbrush.. you LOVE to chew on them!)


Your daddy has been working so hard so he took today off to spend more time with you. I'm so excited because I have been dying to get pictures of you doing your thing... I wonder who you will take after in tumbling? I did gymnastics, but gave it up very young. I use to run run run to do a front handspring and would stop and go limp as the gymnastic instructor used everything she had to flip me over while sighing "Shelby, you have to flip yourself!" Your daddy on the other hand was pretty good and stuck with it until he was 14. Can you believe your daddy, who is now six foot two, was only five feet tall at the time? I wonder if he gave it up in hopes he would grow another foot?

You have come a LONG way! The first class you wouldn't even walk down... I had to carry you! Now look at you... you are running perfectly on the white line!!!


I normally guide you down the slide. I about dropped the camera when you daddy backed up and let you go!!! Guess what?? You did great!


You are learning to "wait your turn." It's tough at one, but you are doing pretty well.












Nathan or "Na Na" as you call him was in front of you on the trampoline. He is about seven months older so he shows you how to jump in the square.


You happily run right past it...



Your daddy plopped you down (after he caught you) and gently bounced you up and down in the square.



Waiting your turn for the balance beam...


I took over for just a minute and took you along the low beam...



and then the high beam.... I asked the instructor if she ever saw anyone walk it with their thumb in their mouth?.. Talent.. you have lots of talent!



You did not want to get out of this house and proceed to the next activity.



BUT you did...










You threw the blocks and used up a lot of energy trying to stay afloat....

Time to go! Everybody gets their feet stamped before they leave. I'm so amazed at how all the babies line up and wait their turn.


Even though you tried most everything, I wouldn't say you liked it all!....

We always do bars last. I haven't figured out if you are just so tired and ready to go or if you actually HATE the bars??


Your teacher seems to think you hate the bars...

AND here is the 99th reason to love a bubble! It's perfect for tumbling.


post signature