Thursday, September 3, 2009

Madison Goes to School


We had orientation for Madison's mom's morning out program at the Methodist Church near our house. She is going to be in a class with four other one year olds. We spent an hour this morning meeting her teacher and future classmates. I have to say it felt a little weird. I know it's just a mom's morning out, but it almost feels like I'm sending her to real school! She will only be going two morning's a week for a few hours. They will follow a little schedule and I think the routine will be great for her. Not to mention all the fun she will have with the other kids. This will also give me time to get the house ready to put on the market. (I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth!!!)

After the orientation we went with a few other moms and kids to Chick-fil-a. I was the first to arrive. Madison went nuts when she saw a big bouquet of balloons and started screaming "baaaa!!! baaa!!!" I put her in a high chair next to them and she pulled the whole bouquet off the pole. (You would think they would tie them on a little tighter!!) I started chasing down balloons all the while you hear her screaming even louder... "BAAAA!!! BAAAAA!!!!".... Several employees thankfully came and helped me out and gave her a beautiful yellow balloon "just to match her outfit."



I love this picture.. She just looks like she is taking in the smell of fall.. (she better get it while she can because she won't be getting it in Austin!)



OH! And how sweet is this photo from our play date this week??

post signature