Friday, September 4, 2009

DipTacular



I am so excited about this Blog Hop!!! I love dips.. any kind of dip. Here are two of my "go to" dips. They always seem to be a big hit!

Blue Cheese Dip (I promise this is good even if you don't like blue cheese... It's DipTacular like that!)

8 oz Blue Cheese crumbled. (I buy the Amish block in the speciality section at Harris Teeter. I think good blue cheese is key!)
2 tbs Parsley (I use flat head)
1/2 cup purple onion
2 tbs cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper

Just mix it all together at least the day before you want to serve it. I serve it with the veggie wheat thin crackers that come in the yellow bag (not the box kind).
******************************************************************

This is a GREAT Football party Dip...


Buffalo Chicken Dip


2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Bag of Fritos Scoops

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture 9X13 baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with Scoops!



post signature