Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Sweet Pumpkin



The day Madison turned 18 months (October 19th) we took her to pick out a pumpkin.  As soon as we arrived she ran out into the field screaming "punkin... punkin."  I love to hear my sweet girl talk!! 

I wanted a picture of Madison sitting on a pumpkin.  Here are a few test shots...

              

and then I got this adorable picture!




She loved being there so much I got a million pictures with her smiling BIG!




I bought her a pumpkin hat similar to the one she had last year.  Unfortunately this is the only picture I got of her wearing it!!




I'll try again another day...

Before we left I had her take her baby pumpkins to the front of the church while Jason loaded her big pumpkin.  She wanted to carry the little ones and of course they took a few spills, but managed to survive.



We had a hard time getting Madison and the pumpkins loaded into the car.  She did NOT want to leave.



Madison had her 18 month check up today.  She remains in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th for height and head...  She got two shots and had to get band-aids for her "boo boos.."  She cried harder than she has ever cried today.  It broke my heart.  She was screaming "Da Da... Da Da."  So I offered to call her daddy (which we do at least once a day) and that seemed to calm her down. 

I watch her all the time and just can't believe she's already one and a half! I love it when she runs to me with her arms extended and says "up" very matter of fact. It's not always the best time for me to pick her up (i.e. while cooking dinner), but I always try to stop what I'm doing and pick her "up."  I know these days are limited.  If I ask her if something is good she says "num, num, num" kind of sing song.  She has just recently started to flip onto her stomach while taking a bath.  She kicks and seems to love being on her belly.  Maybe I'll have her swimming next summer...  Texas will be a great place to learn!  Her personality is just blossoming.  She is a VERY happy, VERY healthy girl.. what more could I ask for??? 
post signature