Friday, November 6, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Thanksgiving Recipe

I've said it before; my dad is the best cook!!  His corn casserole is a staple for the holidays.  I make if we are with Jason's family for a certain holiday.  This year I'm with my dad for Thanksgiving so hopefully I can come back and put a picture up of the yummy casserole! 

The casserole is appropriately named ... 

"Ed's Corn Casserole"

Ingredients:


2 cans creamed corn
2 cans whole corn, drained, retain ¼ cup liquid
1 cup bell pepper, chopped, sautéed
1 cup onion, chopped, sautéed
6 oz jar chopped pimentos
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup sour cream
¾ stick butter, melted
½ cup self-rising corn meal
8 oz cheddar cheese, grated

Seasonings:

1 tsp onion powder
1 ½ tbs season salt or Tony Chauser’s seasoning
½ tbs black pepper
½ tbs paprika
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp basil
½ tsp thyme
Parsley flakes
Parmesan Cheese, grated
Seasoned bread crumbs (for topping)

Mix all ten ingredients in large bowl. Pour into 9x13 greased glass backing dish, top with parsley, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Cook for 60 minutes @ 375 degrees or until golden on top.

Thanksgiving 2 years ago...

My mom (on the left) setting the table.  She has the most beautiful tables!!




"Ed" on the right busy at work along with my grandfather!



ENJOY!


post signature