Saturday, April 17, 2010

Madison's 2nd Birthday Bash!

Once again it all started with the dress!  I LOVE this color combination.. (I did her new room in these colors!)





I've been working on her polka dot themed party for weeks.  I could not get my mind to stop thinking up ideas!



I had the best time looking for things for the party favor bags.  Little toys, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and green m&m's made the cut.








Simple ribbon on vases go a long way!






Jason ran this morning and got her balloons filled.  It was all I could do to get them from her to decorate.  We did have one casualty!


Drinks!  Pink Lemonade, Orange Juie (or a Mimosa if you dared!), water, and juice boxes.


Once I put out the cake pops I made... Madison went missing.. hmmmm.. do you see her??




I am so mad that I never got a chance to take a photo of the table with all of the food on it.  I made, pinwheels, cheesy grits, ham and cheese souffle, blue cheese dip, cake pops, fruit salad, and croissants (I bought these).






Madison is just starting to get the idea of birthdays.  I asked her if she was ready for cake and she stood by the table saying "Happy!"  She was ready for us to sing to her.  So Jason scooped her up and we all sang.  She loved blowing out the candles with help of course!




The forecast for today was RAIN!  I bought a ton of balls for the backyard, but since it was not good weather we used our study.  (We have a ways to go on the decorating in this room!)  It turned out perfect.. the kids LOVED it!  There were a lot more balls and kids.  Some of the balls and kids escaped!


We also did a pinata.  Thankfully, I had purchased a pull string pinata.  We did this inside in the foyer.  The kids had fun pulling the strings and when nothing came out after the last string was pulled we were all at a loss.. I mean last year we couldn't beat the thing enough and this year Jason had to pry it open as well.  The kids had fun and really didn't know any different!







She received lots of thoughtful gifts!




Madison missed her family, but knows she'll see them soon!





post signature