Thursday, June 17, 2010

I guess I reallly REALLY can't sing...

All my life I have sung out loud.  Not a quiet type of humming, but full out belting the tunes.  In fact, I'm kinda known for it.  We can be anywhere anytime and I'll break into song.  I don't even realize I'm doing it unless I'm with someone who doesn't know me very well or very long and gives me an "OMG" kind of look. 

When I was little and riding in the car with my dad, he said... "Hey Shelby, what did you do with the money I gave you?"  "What money dad?"  "The money for singing lessons?!!"  In fact, during his last visit, he asked me what I did with the money Jason gave me.. I realized then I was singing and just laughed and said, "the money for singing lessons?!"

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a tune Jason will say "is that angels I hear singing?"  I just keep on singing and he really doesn't seem to mind.  That's probably one of the reasons I married him. :)

None of this has ever bothered me... However, this morning I was taking Madison to school and singing right along with Lady Antebellum "Need You Now" when Madison pulls her thumb out of her mouth and hollers "NO SINGING!"  (Kind of like .. I just can't take it anymore!!).  She then stuck her thumb back in her mouth satisfied once I closed my mouth. 



I sucked in my breath in disbelief.. All I could really do at that moment was laugh.   





post signature