Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tyler's Nursery


I love Tyler's room.  His room is the first room at the top of the stairs and I can't help but smile every time I climb them.  I owe it all to that soothing blue paint on the walls.  I would love to say that I knew it was the right blue the moment I slapped the sample on the wall.  However, I went through a million different samples before finally just saying.. "yes, just go with that" to Jason two weeks before Tyler was due.  I swear it has something to do with the fact that the lady mixing my samples at Home Depot said... "I'd pick this one."  I'm not a good decision maker.  I stress about them and hate making them.  I knew once Jason finished the room that this was THE perfect blue.  (BEHR Eminence 550E-2)


I purchased the bedding from the same lady that made Madison's nursery bedding and her big girl beddingKristaben Home  (Fortunately, I am able to buy at the Mart in Atlanta)



I couldn't resist ordering a bunny hat off of Etsy for his newborn pictures to go with the bedding.  I'm still looking for a frame.  I've searched to no avail, but I'll know when I see it.


I also found the bunny decals on Etsy.  I spent way too much time applying them to the wall.  I knew if they weren't hung perfectly straight I'd stare at it every night while rocking Tyler and be irritated by it.  Fortunately for me and my sanity they are straight enough. 



The lamp on his dresser is one of my favorite things in his room.  My mom and I found it at a small designer's store in downtown Austin.  I almost didn't want to go in because it looked too contemporary to me.  My mom said "you never know" so we went in.  The lady had a bunch of items literally piled on the floor in the corner that she had marked down to $10 or $20 each.  The lamp was one of them.






Tyler's great-grandmother gave me this hanger the Christmas before he was born. I had not even gotten his bedding yet...just perfect.


My mom bought this little lamp as a gift for his nursery.  I think it's just so sweet.




post signature