Monday, March 21, 2011

Rodeo

Jason took off work on Friday so we could take the kids to the Rodeo.  Madison had a ball!  She petted at the petting zoo and rode a pony.  I thought for sure she wouldn't get on, but she did.  She rode all by herself and loved every second of it.  (I am totally getting my moneys worth out of this dress and boots!)




Jason and I always go for the souvenir pictures that you have to pay a million dollars to have made (and are horrible!)  I totally thought this horse was stuffed.  He was a real tiny pony!





Tyler pretty much stayed in the stroller.  He didn't complain at all.  I think there was just so much to look at.  He missed his morning nap and if you no me this is a big deal!  I'm pretty scheduled with the kids, but I would have to say I'm much more flexible with my second born.  I guess you  have to be if you want the first to have some sort of life outside your home!

 I got a few pictures of them in the "barn."


I thought this turned out pretty cute even though I couldn't get them both to look at me at the same time.  These days when I'm making all my crazy noises to attempt to get his attention he doesn't even give me a sideways glance.  It's as if I don't exist! 


After the petting zoo area we headed off for the amusement park rides.


Madison was so excited.  She wanted to ride everything.





I stayed with Tyler.  I am just fine with Jason doing the rides.  I'm not a big fan of things that just go round and round.


We worked up an appetite with all that riding so we headed to the BBQ cook off area.  Madison got a taste of Frito Pie!


We had so much fun Jason and I decided to get a sitter and go back Saturday night for some much needed "us time."  We met up with our good friends Ryan and Kellie for the BBQ cook off.  They actually did a lot of the day tour with us and our kids.  They have a sweet baby girl Emily.  (I took this at the petting area).


Jason and I arrived a little early because I was dying to ride the Ferris wheel.  I didn't want to ride anything else, but that.  I know it goes round and round, but just not fast.  Jason grabbed our point and shoot and took this.  I think it turned out quite pretty.

Self portraits rarely turn out well and this is no exception.  Up on the Ferris wheel.

Our view!

We met up with Ryan and Kellie right as we got off and headed to the cook off area.  I swear I can still smell the smoke in my hair from two nights ago!!  Here's a taste as to why...


We had a fun night! 

post signature