Monday, April 25, 2011

I call this post.."Easter"

I'm starting my "Easter" post with this picture.  I got a new lens.  The 35mm and I heart it very much.  I would have only gotten Madison's face with my 50mm.  That is not a bad thing, just not always the "thing" I'm going for...  This picture is pretty much life in the morning at my house.  I'm usually in the kitchen shoveling yogurt into Tyler's mouth while Madison sits at the table or at the kitchen counter watching her latest favorite show.


That very same morning we did day two of our resurrection eggs and then a chick craft for Easter.  Let me say this sticker craft was tough and I should have let her just stick stickers where she pleased, but my OCD got the best of me.... and honestly she was not that into it.  I was working on that other chick when I looked up and saw that she had taken the "Jesus Cup" as she called it from the day two egg and put it in the chicks hand.  She was quite pleased with herself.


I was quite pleased with my stick chicks.



We had such a fun week.  Not only did Madison turn three, but we had all kinds of activities planned to celebrate Easter!  We dyed eggs.  I learned that you need an entire roll of paper towels when allowing a three year old to.. have at it!


We had a big big Easter egg hunt with my MOMS group.  Do you notice anything new about Ansley (aside from the adorable shirt her mom MADE?! )


No?  Well how about now?  Yes.. poor Ansley broke her foot and is in a cast!  Her mama knocked her over with her buggy at the grocery store.  UGH.. That so could have been me.  We all laugh now, but I know it wasn't funny at the time.


On your mark... get set...


GO!!!


The girls with their loot!



It was SUCH a WINDY day!!!


They had a petting zoo too.. Madison barrelled her way through the crowd and was one of the first to go in.  I followed behind.  I usually send Jason in with her, but he was working from home so Tyler could get his morning nap.  Madison chased and chased a poor bunny through the pin.  She started screaming because she was so frustrated.  She just wanted to hold him/her.  I finally sat her down and brought the bunny to her.  She sat there and held that bunny until he finally freed himself from her grasp... and Madison... cried.



I snapped this picture that evening.. I love it.


Madison sat out carrots for the Easter bunny Saturday night.


Sunday morning we attended the EARLY service at church.  I had to explain to Madison that the Easter Bunny had a very long night and was running behind.  He called to tell me that he would deliver their Easter baskets while we were at church.  Madison was looking for that bunny the whole way to church.  She kept telling us that she wanted to hold him!!! 

How precious are my two bunnies?




This was the ONLY family picture I got that day... Tyler was mesmerized by the fountain.


When we got home from church Madison headed straight for the kitchen table.. she was thrilled to see that the bunny had eaten her carrots.


and thrilled to find their baskets...





Jason and I were talking and watching Tyler.. the next thing we knew my girl had ripped open her chocolate bunny and was going to town.



The bunny brought the kids place mats, silverware and plates.  Jason was ready to put the chocolate bunny away... I told him to let her be!  It's Easter!!


While Tyler napped Madison helped me make deviled eggs with her dyed eggs...


Very proud!!



If you can't tell we had a fantastic holiday week!

post signature