Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend and then some..


Let's kick off this post with Madison modeling the dress Nana knit her!! My girl is growing up.. Gone are the silly nose scrunching smiles she gave me in the past.  I welcome her new sweet smiles given on command! 


We actually had a pretty busy weekend.  We went to the lake for a cookout with friends.  Our view..



It was HOT, but we managed to find some great shade.

We were with one of Tyler's good friends, Emily.


Tyler was in a good mood as long as he was being fed.


Tyler does something Madison NEVER did.  He ventures of the picnic blanket.  Madison never left it when she was a baby.  She never liked how things felt off the blanket.  She hated grass, sand and dirt.  I guess it's true what they say about boys... they like to get dirty.

Here Mr. Tyler was venturing off the blanket.  I was going to take a little photo of him when Miss Madison waltzed up and stood next to him.  What a sweet little moment I found myself capturing when WHAM!!!!  Madison smacked Tyler in the face with that doll.  I was still looking threw my lens crouched on the ground...  not yet grasping why Tyler was screaming when WHAM!!!  Madison smacked me on top of the head knocking my sunglasses to the ground.  I took a moment to gather my balance and composure before sending her to time-out.  Jason scooped up Tyler as our spectators tried not to laugh at the whole thing.




We found ourselves at our neighborhood pool the next day to try and beat the heat.

Once again Tyler was happy as long as he was having a snack.  He is currently not a fan of the pool.  I'm hoping he will get over this soon.  We seem to find ourselves there everyday!


We met a bunch of neighbors up there and Emily came over again to play!  (Tyler needs to learn a thing or two from "HAPPY IN THE POOL" Emily! 



We got a sitter Sunday night and went out with a bunch of friends.  I'll tell you.. living in Austin provides you with wonderful places to eat!  We felt we were on vacation just 20 minutes from our house at Uncle Billy's on the lake!  (I took this with my cell phone from my seat at dinner.)




I love my babies, but it's so nice to get out with friends and Jason!


 Our neighbor is getting an in ground pool as we speak.  They have all kinds of trucks at their house.  Madison asked what was going on and I told her that they were building a pool.  She responded with.. "I want that dump truck to bring me a pool too!!"  (In a sweet whiny voice.)  She started begging Jason at dinner last night.  He gave me a look and I had to swear I didn't put her up to it.. which I didn't!!!  I did tell her to point to her pinkie finger and look at Jason and say.. "right here, daddy.. right here."  She did and it was hysterical.  (As in he's wrapped around her little finger!)

  We hit 103 degrees yesterday and needed a way to cure after dinner boredom.  This was the best Jason could come up with after all that pool talk.  


They both loved it.  It kept Tyler's attention for a record ten minutes and then he crawled out.  Just like that... I was too lazy to put a swim diaper on him.  It's amazing what a pair of pampers can hold.  And would you look at all that dirt on my son?  Madison has begun referring to Tyler as "your son."  She hears me say all the time when he is up to no good or being really cute and funny.. "hey Jason, look at your son."  So Madison will say.. "Mama.. look at your son!" 







post signature