Friday, June 10, 2011

My Girl Can Swim....

Madison began swim lessons a week ago with an amazing instructor.  After just three lessons she was full on swimming.  She completed her eighth and final lesson this afternoon.  Some days I dropped her off at our neighborhood pool for her lesson.  (The first two lessons included a lot of crying...)  Some days I stayed and played in the baby pool with Tyler.  However, today was our day.  Her instructor wanted to show me how to help her grow in swimming so Tyler stayed home with a sitter.  I took along my camera so I could capture her....


SWIMMING!!!  Madison made her instructor laugh because she likes to float.  Picture snorkeling.. she just moseys on along calmly kicking with her arms out to her side checking out the view.. then she realizes she is running out of air and starts vigorously kicking to get to her destination. 


I brought along a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt today so her instructor (who by the way is 35 weeks pregnant with her FOURTH baby!) could show her how to swim and get out of the pool if she fell in with her clothes on.










She has also been learning to float on her back...


and play..  Here she is diving for toys..  I'm so amazed by my own child.  She loves it and I feel so much better about her being in or around the pool!  I just can't say enough about her wonderful instructor, Mrs. Lara... Thank you!







post signature