Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life at 34 weeks via my cell...

I'm 35 weeks today... for the record.  34 weeks was a bit tough and a bit busy.  Did I say bit twice?  Well let's just start there.  I went to pick Tyler up from school on Thursday.  I walked into his classroom and immediately noticed that he was in his spare pair of pants.  I looked at his teacher and said.. "Oh did we have an accident?"  She said "Oh yes, a big blow out."  I was moving right along to grab his things as she was making her way to me.  She mumbled, "I need to talk to you."  I was thinking this can't be good.  She said, "Tyler bit a friend today."  I burst into tears.  (Yes.. I really felt bad for the little girl... but the tears were pouring for another reason.  I know hitting is one thing, but biting will get you kicked out of preschool.  He and I both need these two mornings a week!)  His teacher said, "Oh I knew you were going to cry!!" and gave me a big hug.  She told me that he got her GOOD.  (Salt anyone?)  He and the little girl were both trying to go out the door first and he just leaned over and bit her.... and then walked out the door first.  Ugh.  She then said..."AND.." I was like Lord what??!  "He didn't nap today."  (That was a first as well).  I wiped my tears and headed home with the kids.  Tyler was cranky to say the least. 

On my drive home I decided that this bite was either a one time thing or the beginning of something bad.  Unfortunately it was the latter.  This is what he did to Madison's on Saturday...

 
I'm not sure where to go from here.  I've gotten some advice and I'm willing to try most anything.  Here's a photo of me at exactly 34 weeks I texted to my siblings.  I don't know why, but I love to keep them up to date on my growing belly.  I guess because I never get to see them in person.


I measured small at my 32 week appointment.  I've always been right on at every appointment with all kids (saying "with all kids" cracks me up) including this one up until that week.  My doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound at 34 weeks just to make sure he was growing well.  I cried a little, but knew if she thought it was anything serious she would have had me looked at right away.  So this past Tuesday Jason and I got to see baby boy Groff and he looks wonderful.  They estimated him to be 5lbs and 6ozs which put him in the 50th percentile for size.  My doctor said.. "perfect, not too big and not too small."  Perfect was all I needed to hear.  And she was right.. it was great to see him.



Oh.. and my ultrasound tech go to see not one, but two burn marks on my belly.  One was from the iron and the second was from the skillet when I reached over the stove to get the pepper down while cooking eggs.  I mean it's obviously big enough that I can't gage the distance!!


Tyler still has the worst gag reflex.  It's a nightmare when he catches a cough.  We put him down for a nap one day this week and he was just hacking in his crib.  Two hours later with him screaming "all done" after not going to sleep, Jason went up to get him.  He had coughed, gagged, and thrown up everywhere.  I felt awful because it was all over him and had dried.  I threw him in the tub.  That was the day he learned to make a sprinkler out of my faucet.  FABULOUS! 


Madison waited until about three and a half to open doors and Tyler had it mastered months ago and the kid is not even two.  Madison has never climbed my coffee table...

 
video

I guess I need to stop comparing and just brace myself for another boy!  (I'm not normally this nice when I'm scolding my kids, but hey I was recording!)

I found him destroying my kitchen when I came out from doing laundry.  When I showed up he screamed "NOOOOOOOO" as he was leaving the scene.


No is his favorite word...

video


We took the kids to see Elmo last weekend...  They both loved the cotton candy.  (The secret to keeping Tyler in his seat.


When the cotton candy ran out, Tyler had to check and see how the seats worked.


He did like the show, but enjoyed the $10 balloon a lot more....


The kids have officially moved rooms.  Madison needed to have the guest room with her own bathroom eventually so I went ahead and moved her there since I had to move Tyler anyway.  I didn't want to move him again in the future so we just decided to move everyone at once.  The boys will share the jack and jill.  The baby is just going to move right into Tyler's nursery so Tyler moved to Madison's room.  I'm still working on his room.  The big starts are his big boy sheets from Serena and Lily and the little stars are the sheets for his crib (yep we bought another crib) from Target!!!!


A tiny sneak peak at Madison's new room.  It will be a while before I post the room reveal.  I'm waiting on her headboards due at the end of March!!  (This cell picture does not do the colors justice.. the colors are way off!)


Her spring soccer pictures CRACK ME UP!!  Can you believe that is a green screen and not a real soccer field...?? BAHHAA!  Oh and I should have never made fun of her friends green soccer uniform last fall.  Karma...


I've been making the kids whole wheat banana pancakes from a recipe I found on pinterest



The weather has been crazy warm here so we have spent a lot of time outside.  My little gardeners!


One February afternoon it hit almost 90!  We broke out the water bottles and the kids loved it!


Tyler after another "blow out.."  It was warm enough to not break out another pair of pants.  By baby number three I would just rather have him run around half naked than to have more laundry.

 
I spent a lot.. A LOT of time last week prepping all of Madison's clothes for a huge consignment sale here.  This wasn't even all of them.  I've spent a few months selling to friends first.  I had all of this left which was mainly clothes under 2T.  I had more in the closet too.  I had to iron and hang all of them.  I also had to load them all into a system and tag them.  I cried a little as my friends bought up the clothes. It caught me a little off guard.  I guess it's the memories.  Jason and I are confident that three under the age of four is plenty of little Groffs in one house so I decided to let her clothes go.


I snapped this of Madison on the way to school.  She and I go back and forth every morning about what she can take into school. She's allowed her lovey and one stuffed animal.  Car rides usually look like this...


Whoever doesn't make the cut for school that day stay in the car so she can greet them when I pick her up.  She is OBSESSED with stuffed animals.

On the ride home from dance this week Madison and I had an amazing sunset.  So amazing that I had to snap a shot with my phone when we got home.  This photo does not do it justice!




 
post signature