Thursday, April 26, 2012

Callan's newborn and a half photos...

After Callan finally came home I wanted to attempt newborn pictures as soon as possible.  I took a few days to adjust and then I set up my own little studio while the kids were at school.  (He was about three weeks old in these photos).



I read up on-line some tips of using natural light.  Of course most of the tips included professional set ups.. like the back drops and things.  I bought these textured blankets from IKEA that I wanted to try and use.  I knew I would use Madison's bean bag chair to put Callan on, but I wasn't sure how I was going to get a back drop.  After a few failed attempts I finally threw it over the back of the couch and guess what?!  It worked! 

I used my Nikon D700, 50mm 1.8 lens, and a small reflector.  I used photoshop to edit.  I used a few different techniques so the images have different looks.  Here are the results... 











I used the bunny hat to get a large photo for my bunny themed nursery.  I posted a few on Easter and here are a few more.  (I ordered this one in an 11X14 and hung it up)







I also took a few shots of Madison with Callan in her new room.  These are my favorite images!





I hope to get one of Tyler and Callan soon.

Thank you so so much for all your words of support and encouragement.  I appreciated all of the comments and e-mails even though I couldn't respond to each one.


post signature