Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tyler's Big Boy Room


I have always LOVED the Serena and Lily Ronan bedding and knew I wanted it for Tyler. The price tag on it is hefty so when it went on sale I jumped on it!  I purchased it long before he was ready for a big boy room.  Obviously in this picture you see the crib so in fact he is still not ready for a big boy room.  Things happen in life (like me getting my surprise baby, Callan) and Tyler had to be moved out of his nursery!  Thankfully, I already had his bedding stored away in a closet. 

Tyler and Madison shared the Jack and Jill and I knew with baby number three being a boy she was going to eventually need to be moved to the guest bedroom that has it's own bathroom.  So instead of moving Tyler to the guest room, I went ahead and moved him to her room.  I then moved Madison to the guest room and Callan got Tyler's nursery. Are you keeping up?

The little "T" pillow is also from Serena and Lily. I've had the chair my whole married life. I bought them from an antique store in my home town of Milledgeville, GA. I bought a matching pair. They were once black, but I repainted them white.  I bought the elephant artwork off of etsy.  Tyler is only two so his room still needs to have LITTLE boy touches to soften his bedding. 



The curtains are from IKEA. They have long been discontinued. I think they still carry the matching bedding. I love these curtains. They only came in 108" length so I had to hem them myself. I also bought curtain lining fabric from JoAnn's and lined them.   I hung them first without liner and they seemd so cheap...  which they were!  The light came in right through them.  Once I lined them they looked much nicer. 


I also bought these sunshine prints off of etsy.  I always sing this to my babies so I thought it was appropriate.


The actual bed is also from IKEA.  It was my guest room bed.  (Adding a third baby meant losing my guest room!)


I had a BIG wall to fill up.  I first saw the idea of using a tree here.  She painted her tree, but I'm just not that crafty.  So once again I turned to etsy.  I sent them a link to my bedding and they matched the colors for me!!  I picked a tree with polka dots to tie in the curtains as well.


The adorable owls were part of the tree.  I chose to put them over the door.  (Again trying to give the room a little boy feel.)




I got the lamps for $25 each at Home Goods!  LOVE THEM!  The color could not have been more perfect.  (Tyler's Pop made the tractor for him.)


The dressor (antique) and mirror (Home Goods) are out of my guest room as well.

His Aunt Lori gave him the plate when he was born.


My favorite baby photo of Tyler....



Jason built shelves when we first moved into the house in the closet for Madison.  I bought the totes at Home Depot.  This side of the closet houses his diapers, books, and some toys.


Callan was my model for the day. Tyler was at school while I took photos of the room!


I'm so happy Tyler hasn't quite figured out how to get out of his crib.  When he does... this one (we bought as a secondary crib) from IKEA will convert to a toddler bed.  I woke Tyler after nap by snapping pictures of him... I love this boy. 

 
But he was not loving me at the moment!





post signature