Thursday, August 2, 2012

Callan is in therapy too..

I noticed flatness on one side of Callan's head around two months.  I also noticed that he likes to look to the right.  He looks to the right when laying on the floor or being held or in his bouncy or in his crib.  I can turn him around and all of a sudden what ever is on the right is way more interesting that what he was looking at before.  I didn't think too much of it until I took him to the doctor about his reflux before his four month check up.  My pediatrician told me that he was concerned and I needed to get him evaluated as soon as possible. 


Callan has torticollis.  Torticollis is a weakness or tightness in the neck muscles.  His is a mixture of both.  It's believed babies develop this from their positioning in utero.  We have a head evaluation at the end of August at Dell Children's for a helmet.  I really think we may be getting one.  I don't like it, but it's a small sacrifice in life.  I'm sure Callan will thank me one day.  :) 

Callan attends OT twice a week.  I schedule his appointment right before Tyler's speech therapy.  Taking kids to the doctor is tough.  Taking multiple kids to the doctor is even tougher.  Taking multiple kids to therapy twice a week for an undetermined amount of time is about to kill me!

Tyler spends the majority of the appointments trying to escape.


So when I'm not at doctor's appointments or chasing kids.. I'm working on getting Callan to look to the left.



post signature